Note: This Expiration Policy is included in Vianames’ Terms and Conditions.
Upon a domain reaching its expiration date without a renewal, the domain name registration is deemed terminated.
To ensure customers are aware of pending expirations of their domain names, Vianames sends multiple email notices to its customers. Vianames will also attempt (but may not be successful) to contact customers if email notices are returned as undeliverable due to inaccurate customer information.
Currently we send renewal notices at intervals relative to the domain’s expiration date of:
90 days before, 60, 45, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 2, 1, 0, -1, -5, and -10 days after
Note: Domains managed by Resellers may follow a different process.
- Transfer to another registrar is not permitted following the expiration date.
- 0 to 2 days after the expiration date, the nameservers for the domain will be changed. This will disrupt any website or email addresses associated with the domain.
- Customers can still renew their domains within 5 days following the expiration date without extra charge. Once the names are renewed, they will be restored to their previous nameserver settings.
- After five (5) days of expiration, a customer may still recover their domains, but there will be a late fee.
- Vianames may elect to delete the domain, auction or transfer ownership of the domain to a third party at any time following ten (10) days after the expiration date. If Vianames elects to delete the domain name, this may occur at any time between ten (10) and forty (40) days following the expiration date.
- At any time after ten (10) days following the expiration date, the domain may be removed from the customer’s account and their contact information removed from the Whois contacts. Customers will receive email notification of this account move.Customers wishing to renew their domain after this point will need to pay an extra recovery fee.
- If a name is deleted, then the customer of record, as of the expiration date, is permitted to recover the domain name by paying Vianames a restore fee within thirty (30) days following the date of deletion (where supported by the corresponding registry).
- Contact [email protected] if you have any issues with restoring a deleted domain.
Updated December 8, 2021